Welcome to the information page for the 2017-2018 UCI Cyclo-cross teams. On here you will find all the available information regarding registering cyclo-cross teams.
If you need assistance with any aspect of your team process, please contact Justin Evans at Jevans@usacycling.org or 719-434-4263.
1. Team Composition and General Principles
A UCI cyclo-cross team must consist of a minimum of 3 riders, each of whom must be of the age of 19 years and older as defined by USA Cycling's cyclo-cross age rule, "a rider’s racing age in cyclo-cross is his age on December 31st of the year that the cyclo-cross season ends. Cyclo-cross season begins on September 1st of one year and ends on the last day of February of the following year". A UCI cyclo-cross team includes men and women riders, and a minimum of one woman. A rider who is already member of another discipline’s UCI registered team, may be registered on a UCI cyclo-cross team, only if a signed three-party agreement (rider, UCI cyclo-cross team and the other UCI team) is provided during the registration process. A rider may not be the team manager or any other team staff member. There must be a team manager listed for the team. The name of the UCI cyclo-cross team must be that of the company or brand name of the principal partner or that of one of both of the two principal partners. No two UCI cyclo-cross teams, their principal partners or paying agents, may bear the same name. The nationality of the UCI cyclo-cross team must be that of the country where the head office or the domicile of the paying agent is located. Before the expiration date of the contract, transfers of riders are only permitted if an agreement in writing is reached between the three parties concerned: the rider, his current paying agent and the new paying agent, and with the authorisation of the UCI.
2. Key Dates for Registration
The application and payment must be made to the UCI by July 31st, 2017. All materials are due on that day. Each UCI cyclo-cross team must submit a color graphic design of its team jersey, complete with sponsor logos. This design can be changed once per season, after the authorization of UCI and only between the January 1-10th, 2018. The UCI shall be informed before December 15th, 2017.
3. Associated Fees for Registering a Team
There is a registration fee payable to the UCI of 1,200 Euros, which must be paid by July 31st, 2017. The fee payable to USA Cycling is $100, which must be received after the UCI has accepted the team. The USA Cycling fee is due no later than August 15, 2017. The information for wiring the UCI fee is shown below:
|Bank||UBS Deutschland AG|
|Beneficiary||Union Cycliste Internationale 1860 - Aigle / Suisse|
|Address||Bockenheimer Landstrasse 2-4
D-60306 Franfurt am Main Deutschland
|Payment in Euro||Account #: 309.288.70D
IBAN: DE27 5022 0085 1020 400012 BIC: SMHBDEFFXXX
4. The Registration and Auditing Process
To register a cyclo-cross team with the UCI, you need to submit several documents (to the UCI) as listed below:
- A letter of approval from USA Cycling (Word doc). Please adapt this template to your team and email it to Jevans@usacycling.org. We will then sign and stamp it and get it back to you for submission.
- UCI cyclo-cross Team Registration Form (Word doc)
- A color graphic design of your jersey in GIF or JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- A copy of each rider’s contract. Per UCI rule (article 5.5.018), the model contract (Word doc) between a rider and a UCI cyclo-cross team must be used.
USA Cycling also needs an electronic copy of your UCI registration form once you have it all filled out. Return the registration form and all above-mentioned documents as follows: Return no later than 31st July, 2017
- To the attention of Christelle Reille
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: UCI, Ch. De la Mêlée 12, 1860 Aigle, Switzerland
Only complete registration files will be taken into consideration