Running an Event
Permitting your event with USA Cycling is cycling’s version of the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. Our job is to help you make your event a success – from top notch officiating and scoring, to marketing support and ensuring fair competition through our RaceClean program, our goal is to make sure your event is a winning experience from start to finish.
1. Event management tools and increased event marketing. Through permitting with us, you will have the option to use our online registration platform. The system allows you to automatically deduct any event fees collected during the registration process, and cuts down on-site paperwork by giving riders the opportunity to purchase a one-day or annual license and sign waivers electronically prior to race day. In addition to this, by linking to USA Cycling’s membership database, riders are automatically placed in the correct category, gender, and age group clearing up any possible race-day confusion. You will also gain access to the USA Cycling Event Calendar, our comprehensive nationwide list of cycling events. Here, riders can find your event within seconds, and register based on event type, discipline, location, and driving distance. Our Event Services Team can also provide marketing support in the form of social media support and geo-targeted email campaigns.
2. REBATES! All permitted events with 50 or more registrants processed through the USA Cycling registration system have the potential to receive a rebate of $0.40 per each online registration net transaction. Events that process 250 or more registrants may qualify for a year-end bonus. Additional questions? Check out our FAQ page.
3. Access to national rankings. Your athletes’ racing results can be added to the only national results and ranking program that offers racers the ability to compare how they stack up against riders across the nation. In addition to our race predictor feature, this gives USA Cycling the ability to identify world class athletes and aid in team selection. Click here for rankings FAQs.
4. Link to your Local Association. As you know, riders need to purchase annual or one-day licenses, but did you know that money from these membership sales are filtered back into your area through Local Associations? These determine where to reinvest this money – allocating funds locally to support the community and racing and cycling programs.
5. Event Insurance. Permitting includes general liability coverage designed specifically for cycling events but USA Cycling also provides access to additional optional low-cost insurance products that provide coverage to your events based on your specific needs. The program can include general liability, participant legal liability, premises-operations liability, products and completed operations, personal injury liability, limited worldwide liability, and excess medical coverage for members. You can also purchase an Umbrella Policy if you need more than the standard GL limits, optional non-owned/hired automobile insurance, ancillary insurance for your expo or other events surrounding your race or ride, host liquor or liquor liability. For more information about the insurance programs available please click here.
6. USADA Code and Safe Sport. All events that are permitted through USA Cycling are subject to the USADA code, supporting your efforts to promote clean sport. We’ll have your back if issues pertaining to sporting violations occur at your event. We also require all of our officials and coaches to pass criminal background checks and undergo SafeSport training.