We all know the mighty OVCX is just around the corner, but who wants to wait until that first race to find out your tubies aren’t very well glued? Lionheart CX has a simple purpose: get started and have fun. Come join us as we hang out at Kingswood, race on a fast course, and support the Lionhearts Junior Racing team.
New for this year - RELAYS!
- Relay Qualifiers will start at 10:00am (see flyer). Relay finals will be at NOON.
- Each participant of your two person team will need to register independently - cost is $20/person.
- Each qualifier is 2 laps in length. The top 5 teams from each category in each qualifier will earn a trip to the Relay finals. Qualifiers will recognize the following categories:
- Men Open (both participants must be men)
- Women Open (both participants must be women)
- Co-ed (wigs do not make you a lady)
- Qualifier start times maybe expanded depending on demand for relay events.
- Those who do not qualify in the initial round can try again in 2nd round as necessary.
- Qualifier callups will be based on USA Cycling ranking and done in inverse order. The highest number will receive first callup down to lowest number. The USA Cycling ranking for each team will be based on the highest ranked rider in a given team.
- Those NOT qualifying for the final will be placed in a hat with 5 random teams added to the finale.
- On Co-ed teams the women must take the start and race the first lap.
- On women and men only teams the USA Cycling rank with the highest raw score (100 is higher than 75) must take the start and race the first lap.
- Callups in relay finale will be determine based on previous relay results. 1st round in order of finish then 2nd round in order of finish.
- Exchanges must occur on each lap. Contact (high five) must be made during exchange.