|1. Select Registration ---> 2. Cart / Payment ---> 3. Receipt||0 items in your cart|
Advanced Skills and Tactics Clinic
Taught by Shawn Mehaffey - USA Cycling Level II Coach and Master's 1/2/3 racer,
and Shawn Rosenthal - USA Cycling Certified Coach and Cat 1 racer
June 11 & 12, 2011
Location: Alamo & Pleasanton, CA
Please select Adult or Junior registration at the bottom of this page, then click the next button to add it to your cart.
Would you like to race smarter, to learn the secrets successful bike racers discover through years of trial and error? This clinic is for both men and women, specifically those who are Cat 4/5 racers that have raced at least five times or Cat 3 racers that have raw talent and want to improve their racing ability. The first class is a half-day discussion of individual and team tactics for success. The second day of class will feature 30 miles of on-the-bike skills practice. Per new NCNCA upgrade rules, after attending Cat 5, Cat 4 and Cat 3 racers will get three upgrade points.
Topics covered on Day 1:
- Pre-race Strategy
- Tactics for Success
Skills practiced on Day 2:
- Cornering Skills
- Efficient Riding - Pacelines
- Bridging - Blocking
- Climbing - Descending
- Sprinting - Team Tactics
Session 1 – Saturday, June 11, 9:00 – 1:30 in Alamo
Session 2 – Sunday, June 12, 9:00 – 4:30 in Pleasanton
Directions: Will be sent to you after you sign up.
For more info call 925-866-1613 or email email@example.com.
- We are now offering Great Recession lower pricing so we can help more racers reach their potential.
- USAC (USCF) licenses will be required for insurance purposes. One day and annual licenses will be available for purchase at the clinic.
Some comments from previous participants:
"what takes years on the bike to learn can be summed up in your clinic."
"I have been working on the sprinting technique that you showed us and it has already made a difference."
"I really thought your clinic was GREAT. I learned so much... The power sprinting technique was very helpful."
"I liked being able to implement the newly learned skills, while obtaining your feedback."
"I raced the Patterson RR and...on the down hill your tuck position really worked for me. I was shocked at how I was catching people that were peddling and also tucking, but I was going even faster."
- "[My cornering] has been great. I have already noticed a difference in my descending technique."
- "after taking your clinic, I took it upon myself to act as unofficial Master's Cat 4 team leader in many of the road races and crits. The result was we were able to race effectively as a team and put multiple guys in the top 10 at races consistently over the course of the season."
- "This is the best bike racing clinic I've ever taken."
- "I wish I knew about your clinic earlier and look forward to participating in your next one."
- "I would recommend the clinic to others."
Current registrations for Advanced Skills and Tactics Clinic
|Show Rider List Show Race Predictor Riders: 16|
View all events