2016 Bill Woodul Race Mechanics Clinic
November 16-20, 2016
U.S. Olympic Training Center
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Instructors are world-class race mechanics with national and international experience. Topics cover the breadth of mechanics' responsibility supporting bicycle racing
|Race Support for all Disciplines||Bicycle Design Fundamentals|
|Team Mechanic Responsibilities||Bicycle Material Fundamentals|
|Neutral Mechanic Responsibilities||Suspension Theory and Tuning|
|Interaction (Soigneur, Director)||Wheel Theory and Fundamentals|
|Wheel Change Technique||Tubular Tire Fundamentals|
|Team Inventory Procedures||DOT Compliance|
|Bike Wash and Inspection||Packing and Transportation|
|Tool, Equipment and Supply Needs||USA Cycling Opportunities|
|USA Cycling and UCI Rules|
Why Come to the Clinic?
- The clinic helps mechanics reach the next level of professional bicycle mechanic expertise.
- Licensed mechanics may support Olympic trials, national championships, USA Cycling training camps and international events.
- Licensed mechanics are covered under the USA Cycling insurance policy during their participation at sanctioned events.
- Licensed mechanics may support many corporate neutral support programs and teams.
- Licensed mechanics give your shop an advantage.
- Attending the clinic allows you to network with leaders in the race mechanic profession and with industry representatives.
- Attending the clinic allows you the opportunity to become a licensed official, which is necessary to advance in the race mechanic program.
Please note that while some mechanical procedures are covered, this clinic will not teach you to be a bicycle mechanic. Participants are asked to have at least two years of work experience as a bicycle mechanic.
- $675 through September 15
- $725 from September 16 to October 1
Includes: Housing, Meals, Course Materials and 2 yr Mechanics License
International participants welcome — additional fees apply
Registration Closes October, 1, 2016
How to sign up: Registration is a multi-part process. Please email your resume (outlining two years of bicycle-related mechanical experience) to Gregory Cross. Once approved, you will receive an email from USA Cycling with registration and payment details (accepted forms of payment include Visa, MasterCard or check). Once payment is received you will receive a welcome email with further details for planning your trip.
Classes start Wednesday evening and run through Sunday afternoon. Please plan on arriving at the Olympic Training Center by 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 16. Classes will end around noon on Sunday, Nov. 20. Transportation will only be provided to and from the Colorado Springs Airport (COS).
- For questions please contact Gregory Cross, email@example.com or 719-287-5887