Pit Box Selection for #CXNats UCI Races
USA Cycling is committed to improving National Championship events so that they align with UCI standards and so riders can race on a world-class course. The decision to add pit box assignments was made with this in mind.
The information below affects all UCI race categories (including U23 men and women and 17-18 junior men and women) on Sunday, December 16.
Date, Time and Location for the Draw for Pit Boxes
Saturday, December 15, 5 PM at the pavilion just outside the Tennis Center (registration)
- Pit boxes will be assigned
- A representative from each rider will request a pit box in the order of call-up ranking
- Riders may represent themselves or send a mechanic or other representative since this is during course preview time
Details for pit box assignments:
- There are 15 pit boxes
- Each rider may have up to two mechanics/attendants in the pit for exchanges
- Mechanics who are providing exchanges for more than one rider will request a box for all riders based on the highest ranked rider
- The person present for the draw must know which rider(s) they are representing
- Each box is limited to mechanics for up to 6 riders
- Riders without a representative will be assigned boxes after the draw (and may not combine later with other boxes)
- The final pit box assignments will be published on the 2018 National Championships v2 webpage on Saturday evening
- Commissaires will only allow those assigned into each pit box on races day
Please remember that all mechanics/attendants for your races must have a visible pit pass in order to be in the pit area. Bicycles and equipment may only be brought to the pit just before the race and must be removed from the pit immediately after your the race.