April 24, 2013 LA Call
When: Wednesday, April 23, 2013
Time: 10:45 Mountain Time
Attendees: Bonnie Walker (TXBRA), Mark Guthart (IBRA), Don Russell (MTBRA), Eric Smith (SCNCA), John Patterson (GABRA), Loch Miwa (ICA), Lew Strader, Mimi Newcastle & Jim Patton (MABRA), Jack McNeal (BRAO), Darrell Webb (NCA), Dave Fowkes (ICA), Deb Schiff (NJBA), Jeff Poulin (NYSBRA), Jonathan Kinnick (TBRA), Diane Fortini (NEBRA), John Sammut (MBRA), Judy Rhyne (CCA), Bob Schallhorn (WCA), Jeff Poulin (NYSBRA), Keith Creeden and Jared Zimlin (FBRA).
Staff: Andrea Spencer, Kristen Uhleman, Valecia Frasier, Susan Diller, Jeffrey Hansen, Gordon Weldon, Todd Sowl, Randy Inglis, Jane Luke, George Heagerty, Stuart Lamp, Larry Martin, and Fred Blattspieler.
To listen to recorded call: Dial - (605) 477-3099
Enter Access Code - 406418#, and enter # again for most recent call
If you were on the call, and I did not list your name, please let me know!
- Race Clean update – Fred Blattspieler
- Still in contract negotiation with USADA, waiting on them to send back to us. Once we get it back, will send to you electronically, but will need original back.
- Collegiate Permit reminder – Jeffery Hansen
- When you see a collegiate permit, either collegiate-only or road w collegiate add-on, please double check that the event summary indicates collegiate- if the permit doesn’t say collegiate it can throw off online registration and our event counts.
- Permitting Policies – Specific requirements were removed from the USAC Rulebook, and may be found on our website. Link: https://www.usacycling.org/policy-vi-race-permits-and-race-director-responsibilities.htm
- On-Line Post Event Report – Fred Blattspieler – checking in to see if there are any issues
- Cat 5 – day of race. Offering another Cat 5 race – Fred Blattspieler
- If additional category is added to event on the day of the event, as long as the category was listed on the flyer, it will be covered by insurance.
- For the call in May, be thinking of ways to create more racing opportunities for riders. We are interested in hearing your ideas, and would like to brainstorm on the next call.
- Open discussion
- Upgrades: just because results are not in our system, doesn’t mean they don’t count. If results are posted elsewhere but not on our website, work with MSC and RC to coordinate with RD to get results on our website
- Can we add number of riders to the results so it’s easier to check? Yes, we’ll be looking at that in the future so all the relevant information is included.
- Bob of WI: If I have a curriculum for cat 5 clinic, who can I send it to at USAC to see if it has all the right information? Forward to Fred.
This Article Updated January 25, 2014 @ 12:54 AM For more information contact: