Americans ready to contest round 2 of UCI BMX Supercross World Cup
Colorado Springs, Colo. (May 8, 2013) — USA Cycling has announced the six riders that will represent the organization in the second round of the 2013 UCI BMX Supercross World Cup. The event begins Friday, May 10, in Santiago del Estero, Argentina, and runs through Saturday, May 11.
The USA Cycling funded team includes:
- Connor Fields (Henderson, Nev./BMX Racing Group-Chase Bicycles)
- Barry Nobles (Sun City, Calif./DK Bicycles)
- Justin Posey (Winston Salem, N.C./Dan’s Competition)
- Jared Garcia (Victorville, Calif./Supercross Bicycles)
- Brooke Crain (Visalia, Calif./Haro Bicycles)
- Arielle Martin (East Spanaway, Wash./Intense BMX)
Other top American riders in attendance will be 2008 Olympic bronze medalist Donny Robinson (Napa, Calif./SE Racing) and Dani George (Palmdale, Calif./Supercross BMX).
In the superfinal time trial at the first round of the UCI BMX Supercross World Cup, Fields finished third while Crain just missed the podium in fourth place. The following day, Crain rode her way to second in the supercross final. Fields was the top American male, finishing fifth.
Both days of competition in Argentina will be broadcast live online at BMXLive.tv.
This Article Updated May 8, 2013 @ 09:07 PM For more information contact: