2016 USA Cycling Masters Track National Championships Communique 1
2016 USA Cycling Masters Track National Championships
August 9-14, 2016
Major Taylor Velodrome, Indianapolis, Ind.
August 9-14, 2016
Major Taylor Velodrome, Indianapolis, Ind.
Communique #1General Information
1. All events will be run according to current USA Cycling rules and regulations, published event formats, and information in the communiqués.
2. Rider’s helmets must conform to the rules of USA Cycling and must be worn at all times while on the bike, including warm-up and warm-down.
3. The race jury will be comprised of the following officials:
Bruce Brasaemle – Chief Referee, James Abbott – Starter and Jeff Helgerson – Judge-Referee. Alternate members may be designated as needed from the panel of officials.
4. NUMBERS MUST BE WORN ACCORDING TO THE TABLE BELOW, and may not be trimmed or folded. Riders presenting themselves at the line without the proper numbers, with their numbers trimmed, or with their numbers folded will be fined $20 for the 1st offense, $35 for the 2nd offense, and disqualification for the 3rd offense.
|Event||Numbers to be worn|
|Sprint Qualifying||2 hip numbers|
|Match Sprints||2 hip numbers|
|Individual Time Trials/Pursuits||1 large number (center of back is OK)|
|Team Pursuit (ea. rider)||1 large number (center of back is OK)|
|Team Sprint (ea. rider)||1 large number (center of back is OK)|
|Points and Scratch Races||2 hip numbers|
|Madison||2 hip numbers|
5. Registration will be open daily until 12:00 PM. Riders and teams must register at least one day in advance for each event they wish to add. All teams must have riders identified by 12:00 PM on the previous day. Failure to check in may result in omission from the start sheet and may have your start refused.
6. Riders may not delay competition (untimely reporting for equipment verification, not reporting as scheduled or taking too much time to get ready). $20 fine for each offense.
7. Bicycle Check: All riders must present their bicycle for an equipment check before each competition/heat. Once your bike is measured, it must stay sequestered in the ready area or it will have to be re-measured. Please ensure that you present your bicycle to the equipment check area with adequate time before your start. In general, the regulations for bicycles are those of the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI). However, the following exceptions will be made for the 2016 Masters Track Nationals:
- There will be no measurement of the saddle angle.
- There will be no requirement that the handlebars be below the saddle.
- There will not be strict enforcement of the 3/1 rule.
- All other UCI rules will be enforced, such as minimum weight of 6.8 kg, basic bicycle design based on a double triangle (no Softrides), saddle position (5cm rule) and maximum handlebar extension of 80cm (each racer may be granted an exception to either the 5cm rule or the 80 cm rule, but not both).
- Note that in order for any records (Best Performances) to be recognized by the UCI, the bicycle must pass all UCI requirements.
9. 500 Meter and Kilometer Time Trials, and Individual Pursuits will run as two-up heats with one rider starting on the home straight and the other rider on the back straight.
10. Team Pursuit will be ridden as a final with one team on the track at a time.
11. Men’s Team Sprint is a 3 lap 3 rider event. Women’s Team Sprint is a 2 lap 2 rider event.
12. Starts for the Team Pursuit and Team Sprint competitions: Riders shall start either side-by-side or staggered at an angle of 45 degrees behind the start line with spacing of 1 meter for Team Pursuits and an equally spaced 1.5 – 2 meters for Team Sprint.
13. Points Race Sprints will be every 6 laps (every 2 km). If fields exceed track limits in the Points Race or Scratch Race, heats will be conducted as needed.
14. The Madison sprints occur every 20 laps. If fields exceed track limits in the Madison, heats will be conducted as needed. Madison numbers will be distributed in the infield during the Sunday morning session.
15. For those events where seeding is based on a timed qualification, riders withdrawing after qualifications and before the first heats are established will be replaced by the next faster rider. Riders withdrawing from the competition after the composition of the first heats (time qualification) will be fined $50 unless pre-approved by the Chief Referee.
16. Match Sprint rounds are subject to change based on the number of entries. The tournament formats are as follows:
|***SPRINT TOURNAMENT FORMAT***|
|Number of Riders||Round 1||Number of Rides||Subsequent Rounds for Advancing Riders||Subsequent Rounds for Non-advancing Riders|
|1||TT Only - gold|
|2||Finals||Best 2 of 3|
|3||Round Robin||2 per rider||Possible Tie-breaker|
|4||Semifinals (2 x 2 up)||Best 2 of 3||Finals (1-2)||Finals (3-4)|
|5||Semifnals ( 2 x 2 up)||Best 2 of 3||Finals (1-2)||Finals (3-4), (5th from TT)|
|6||3 x 2 up||1 ride||Semifinals||1 x 3 up to send 1 to Semis (5-6th from TT)|
|7||2 x 2 up, 1 x 3 up||1 ride||Semifinals||1 x 4 up to send 1 to Semis (5-7th from TT)|
|8||Quarterfinals (4 x 2 up)||Best 2 of 3||Semifinals||5-8 final|
|9||Quarterfinals (4 x 2 up)||Best 2 of 3||Semifinals||5-8 final (9th from TT)|
|10||Quarterfinals (4 x 2 up)||Best 2 of 3||Semifinals||5-8 final (9-10th from TT)|
|11||Quarterfinals (4 x 2 up)||Best 2 of 3||Semifinals||5-8 final (9-11th from TT)|
|12||1/8th Finals (6 x 2 up)||1 ride||Quarterfinals||2 x 3 up to send 2 to Quarters; 9-12 final|
|13||1/8th Finals (6 x 2 up)||1 ride||Quarterfinals||2 x 3 up to send 2 to Quarters; 9-12 final (13th from TT)|
|14||1/8th Finals (6 x 2 up)||1 ride||Quarterfinals||2 x 3 up to send 2 to Quarters; 9-12 final (13-14th from TT)|
|15||1/8th Finals (6 x 2 up)||1 ride||Quarterfinals||2 x 3 up to send 2 to Quarters; 9-12 final (13-15th from TT)|
|16||Round 1 (9 x 2 up, 2 byes)||1 ride||1/8th finals||2 x 2 up, 1 x 3 up to send 3 to 1/8 finals|
|17||Round 1 (9 x 2 up, 1 bye)||1 ride||1/8th finals||1 x 2 up, 2 x 3 up to send 3 to 1/8 finals|
|18+||Round 1 (9 x 2 up)||1 ride||1/8th finals||3 x 3 up to send 3 to 1/8 finals|
18. All riders, managers, coaches, mechanics, and other infield pass holders are under the supervision of the officials and under the regulations of the USA Cycling. Inappropriate conduct may result in removal from the infield or facility.
19. Antidoping Testing will be conducted by USADA for this event in accordance with USADA regulations.
This Article Updated August 8, 2016 @ 03:30 AM For more information contact: