UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup Registration Information
The UCI mandates that each federation’s current top eight Elite men and women UCI points scorers, if ranked in the top 50 overall, must be allowed to start each World Cup if they choose to. If any of the top eight USA riders ranked inside the top 50 UCI overall choose not to start a World Cup, we are NOT allowed to fill those unused spots with additional riders. If the USA does not have eight riders ranked inside the top 50 UCI overall then we may add additional riders to the start list. Because of these UCI regulations, USA Cycling has adopted the following Selection Guidelines to determine an order of riders for entering World Cup events.
CRITERIA FOR AUTOMATIC NOMINATION TO THE UCI WORLD CUP
Elite Men and Women
Eligible Participants: Valid USA Cycling International License, ranked in top 200 (men) and top 100 (women) in the last published UCI Cyclo-cross rankings and be a U.S. Citizen
Maximum Number of Starters: 8 Men; 8 Women
Automatic Nomination (in order of priority):
- Top eight (8) ranked riders in the UCI cyclo-cross rankings as of the UCI posted ranking deadline for each World Cup
- Any athlete placing in the top ten (10) at last season’s Cyclo-cross World Championships
- Any U.S. athlete finishing in the top ten (10) in a UCI World Cup Cyclo-cross race in the previous 12 months
- The current U.S. Elite Cyclo-cross national champion
- Highest-ranked riders in top 200 (men) and top 100 (women) in the last published UCI Cyclo-cross rankings at the time of the published USA Cycling entry deadlines (see below)
U23 and Junior Men
Eligible Participants: Valid USA Cycling International License and be a U.S. Citizen
Maximum Number of Starters: 6 U23 Men; 6 Junior Men
Automatic Nomination (in order of priority):
- Any athlete placing in the top ten (10) at last season’s Cyclo-cross World Championships in the same class
- Any U.S. athlete finishing in the top 20 in a UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup race in the previous 12 months in the same class
- The top five U.S. athletes on the last published UCI Cyclo-cross rankings, provided they are in the top 100
- The current U.S. Cyclo-cross national champion, provided they are in the same class
CRITERIA FOR DISCRETIONARY NOMINATION TO THE UCI WORLD CUP
- U23 and Junior riders who do not meet the above automatic nomination requirements must email a letter of petition along with their credit card payment info for entry and national team jersey to Marc Gullickson seven (7) days before the required USA Cycling World Cup entry deadline (three weeks prior to the event). A copy of the Athlete Petition letter can be found on the Cyclo-cross World Cups page of the USA Cycling website.
- Remaining athletes will be chosen utilizing the USA Cycling Principles of Athlete Selection.
USA CYCLING CYCLO-CROSS WORLD CUP ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
- ALL requests for entry of individual U.S. athletes for World Cups must be submitted via email to Marc Gullickson at USA Cycling at firstname.lastname@example.org. The UCI will accept only the official entry forms from USA Cycling for all athletes. Do not send your forms to the UCI! This registration form can be downloaded on the Cyclo-cross World Cups page of the USA Cycling website.
- The deadline for athletes to submit their entries to USA Cycling is by 3 p.m. MT no later than three (3) weeks in advance of the event. Only USA Cycling's official entry form will be accepted. Make sure you specify the World Cup event and date. No other forms, letters, or emails will be accepted in lieu of the official entry form. Late entries will not be accepted. No exceptions.
- Entered riders will check in at registration for each UCI World Cup. Details on registration and event entry can be found on the UCI website. If a USA Cycling team coach/manager is attending a WCS event, 36 hours prior to the event each rider is responsible for 1) notifying the team coach/manager of his/her lodging arrangements and 2) conveying his/her license to coach/manager. Any athlete entering but failing to register at the event will be charged the full entry fee by the UCI through USA Cycling.
- If you submitted an entry form but will not be able to attend, please notify Marc Gullickson at email@example.com. It is the athlete’s responsibility to cancel with USA Cycling. When entering World Cups, only register for those races that you will definitely be attending. Each athlete will be responsible to pay any UCI fine for cancellation or no-show. Details on eligibility and event entry can be found on the UCI website. All World Cup entry forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to allow time to meet the deadline. Late entries will not be accepted.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES
The following rules are taken directly from the UCI rule book. Please refer to the UCI website for updated rules and information.
5.3.005 UCI cyclo-cross world cup events shall be organised for elite men, women, men under 23, and men juniors.
The rounds of the UCI cyclo-cross world cup for men elite, women, men under 23 and men juniors will be specified on the UCI website.
Entries for riders shall be submitted to the UCI by the federation of their nationality.
5.3.006 In UCI cyclo-cross world cup events for men elite and women riders ranked in the top 50 of the last UCI cyclo-cross classification published before the opening date for entries are pre-qualified. Pre-qualified riders are eligible for selection at the discretion of the federation of their nationality. Federations with less than 8 riders in top 50 can expand their selection to a total of 8 entries. Unused pre-qualifier places are not replaceable.
No points for the UCI cyclo-cross world cup for men under 23 are awarded for results in men elite events.
In UCI cyclo-cross world cup events for men under 23 and men juniors, each federation may enter 6 riders. The federations concerned may additionally enter the reigning world champions and (except for the first world cup round of the season) the leaders of the last UCI cyclo-cross world cup classification published before the closing date for entries. The national federation of the organising country may register additionally a team of 6 riders (B team) for the men under 23 category as well as for the men juniors category.
In accordance with article. 1.3.059, all riders in the men under 23 and men juniors categories must wear national team clothing.
A table listing the opening and closing dates for entries will be published on the UCI website.
5.3.008 The national federations must submit entries to the UCI for their riders no later than six days before each event of the UCI cyclo-cross world cup, including the riders for the B team of the national federation of the country of the organiser.
Without prejudice to article 13.1.070, the entry will not be accepted if the hotel where the riders will be staying is not specified at the time of registration.
In the event of a late entry, the national federation shall be liable to pay a fine of CHF 150 per rider.
5.3.009 A rider for whom an entry has been submitted to the UCI under article 5.3.008 for a UCI cyclo-cross world cup event may not ride any other cyclo-cross event in any category whatsoever on the same day. Should he do so, he shall be subject to disqualification and a fine of between CHF 500 and CHF 3,000.
1.3.058 b) Cyclo-cross world cup — If the rider has one or more sponsors, a rectangle of height 10 cm and width 30 cm on the front and rear of the jersey shall in the first instance be reserved for their use. In this case these rectangles comprise the only advertising spaces available on these parts of the jersey. If, and only if there is no advertising for a rider's sponsors, the national federation may make use of two 64 cm logos on the front of the jersey.
Riders who belong to a trade team or club can wear the jersey of their trade team or club, as long as they notify the National Federation of this when they apply for selection. Otherwise the National Federation may require the wearing of the national jersey. The national jersey is compulsory for the U23 and Junior National teams.
1.3.057 The following advertising shall be authorized:
- front of the jersey: 2 logos of 64 cm maximum;
- area comprising shoulders and sleeves: strip of maximum 5 cm high;
- on the sides of the jersey: a 9 cm wide strip;
- sides of the shorts: a 9 cm wide strip;
- the manufacturer's label (25 cm) may appear only once on the jersey and once on each leg of the shorts.
Advertising matter on jersey and shorts may vary from one rider to another. The design of the jersey and shorts may vary from one category of rider to another. Additionally, the rider's name may appear on the back of the jersey. The above measures also apply to other items of clothing worn during competition (rain jackets, etc.).
1.3.068 National champion's jersey — National road, track, cyclo-cross, mountain bike, BMX, trials and indoor cycling champions must wear their jersey in all events in the discipline, speciality and category in which they won their title and no other event. In a six-day event, only madison national champions must wear the jersey even if they are not paired together.
(N) When he no longer holds the title of national champion, a rider must wear piping in national colors on the collar and cuffs of his jersey as per the technical specifications determined by the national federation. However, he must wear such a jersey only in events of the discipline and speciality in which he won the title and in no other event. (text modified on 1.01.99; 1.01.04; 1.01.05).
- 2014/15 UCI Cyclo-cross World Cups - Aug 19, 2014