Stancil and Crain are 2nd and 3rd in Time Trial Superfinals in Berlin
Australian Caroline Buchanan won the time trial contest after clocking a 31.952. Stancil was the second fastest with a time of 33.049 while Crain was third in 33.319.
In the men's competition, the top American was Corben Sharrah (Tucson, Ariz./Haro Bicycles) in fifth place with a time of 38.425. Taking the win for the day was Edzus Tremanis (LAT) with a 37.776 while Yoshitaku Nagasako (JPN) and Joris Daudet (FRA) were second and third. Also competing for Team USA were Connor Fields (Henderson, Nev./Chase-Monster) in 12th, Jared Garcia (Victorville, Calif.) in 15th, and Barry Nobles (Sun City, Calif./DK Bicycles) in 16th.
Ten Americans will compete in the supercross finals on Saturday. Stancil and Crain will be joined by Dani George (Palmdale, Calif.) in the women's competition. Sharrah, Fields, Garcia, and Nobles will compete alongside fellow Americans Nic Long (Lakeside, Calif.), Sean Gaian (Santee, Calif.), and Jordan Miranda (Bakersfield, Calif.) in the men's event.
UCI BMX Supercross World Cup
June 13-14, 2014
Men Superfinal Time Trial
1. Edzus Treimanis (LAT) – 37.776
2. Yoshitaku Nagasako (JPN) – 38.245
3. Joris Daudet (FRA) – 38.341
5. Corben Sharrah (Tucson, Ariz./Haro Bicycles)– 38.425
12. Connor Fields (Henderson, Nev./Chase-Monster)
15. Jared Garcia (Victorville, Calif.)
16. Barry Nobles (Sun City, Calif./DK Bicycles)
Women Superfinal Time Trial
1. Caroline Buchanan (AUS) – 31.952
2. Felicia Stancil (Lake Villa, Ill./Factory GT) – 33.049
3. Brooke Crain (Visalia, Calif.) – 33.319
This Article Published June 13, 2014 For more information contact: