Race at the 2012 Collegiate BMX National Championships!


Are you a full time college student? Do you race BMX? Then mark March 31, 2012 on your calendar, and make sure you're in Chula Vista, CA on that date for the first ever Collegiate class at the USA Cycling BMX National Championships!

If you're interested in competing, here's a brief summary of what you need to do in six simple teps:

1. Start a cycling team at your college or university. Don't worry, the process is free and easy; you just need to submit this two page form to USA Cycling. The fee is waived for the first year, so don't bother to include payment at this time.

2. Only full-time students are allowed to compete. All teams must bring proof of their riders’ full-time student status to registration on this form, signed by their school registrar.

3. Buy a license: either
a USA Cycling Collegiate license ($30- valid for any USA Cycling Collegiate race) or a USA BMX license ($45- valid for any USA BMX race).

4. Wear Collegiate clothing: All riders for a team must wear identifiably similar collegiate team jerseys, or blank jerseys with the school’s name or abbreviation prominently displayed. If you're a one-person team, there are a large number of custom BMX jersey manufacturers out there with low prices and quick turnaround times. Just do a quick search for "Custom BMX Jersey."

5. Pre-registration is available at www.usabmx.org. Just be sure to register as riding for your college or university.

6. All riders should read through all the information here. Much of it repeats what's printed here, but in more detail, along with additional information relevant to all collegiate riders.

Further information about the event is available here.
Contact Jeffrey Hansen, USA Cycling Collegiate Manager with questions.

This Article Updated March 20, 2012 @ 10:37 AM For more information contact: