Pro CX: Powers and Anderson hold onto standings leads after Jingle Cross Rock
The USA Cycling Professional Cyclo-cross Calendar (Pro CX) provided another weekend of exciting races with three events in the midwest: The Jingle Cross Rock-Rock 1, 2 and 3 in Iowa City, Iowa, Nov. 15-17. Sunday's competition offered triple points as it was categorized as a UCI 1 race.
After winning the C2 events on Friday and Saturday and placing second in the C1 event on Sunday, Jeremy Powers (Easthampton, Mass./Rapha-Focus) collected 160 points over the weekend to retain his position atop the men's standings with 811 points total. He is 42 points ahead of Ben Berden (BEL/Raleigh Clement) who remained in second place overall after finishing second on Friday and Satruday and third on Sunday. Timothy Johnson (Topsfield, Mass./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) won Sunday's C1 event after placing fourth on Saturday. His success gave him 128 points for the weekend and 712 points total, moving him up into third place in the standings, 106 points ahead of Ryan Trebon (Bend, Ore./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) who moved down to fourth place with 606 points. James Driscoll (Sandy, Utah/Raleigh Clement) had a strong weekend with third, fifth, and sixth place finishes to grow his point total to 406 and overtake the fifth-place spot in the standings from Yannick Eckmann (Boulder, Colo./California Giant Specialized).
Katerina Nash (CZE/Luna Pro Team) won the women's race on all three days, collecting a total of 175 points for the weekend. With 580 points overall, she moved from fifth into third place in the rankings and is now within 90 points of the leader's position which is still held by Elle Anderson (San Francisco, Calif./California Giant Berry Farms-Specialized) who amassed 116 points over the weekend after placing second in Sunday's C1 event and third in Saturday's C2 event. Anderson's total of 670 points kept her in the number-one spot ahead of Meredith Miller (Boulder, Colo./California Giant Berry Farms-Specialized) who retained her second-place position in the standings after placing third on Friday and Sunday and fifth on Saturday. Fourth place is still occupied by Crystal Anthony (Beverly, Mass./Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies) with 502 points while Katie Compton (Colorado Springs, Colo./Trek Cyclocross Collective) missed the weekend of racing to move down into fifth place with 453 points.
There was not a UCI-inscripted men's junior race over the weekend. Therefore, the Pro CX juniors men's standings went unchanged.
Complete results for the Jingle Cross Rock-Rock 1, 2 and 3 can be found here.
For a photo gallery of the weekend racing, click here.
USA Cycling Pro CX Standings:
1. Jeremy Powers (Easthampton, Mass./Rapha-Focus) — 811
2. Ben Berden (BEL/Raleigh Clement) — 769
3. Timothy Johnson (Topsfield, Mass./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) — 712
4. Ryan Trebon (Bend, Ore./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) — 606
5. James Driscoll (Sandy, Utah/Raleigh Clement) - 406
1. Elle Anderson (San Francisco, Calif./California Giant Berry Farms-Specialized) — 670
2. Meredith Miller (Boulder, Colo./California Giant Berry Farms-Specialized) — 617
3. Katerina Nash (CZE/Luna Pro Team) — 580
4. Crystal Anthony (Beverly, Mass./Optum p/b Kelly Benefit Strategies) — 502
5. Katherine Compton (Colorado Springs, Colo./Trek Cyclocross Collective) — 453
Juniors Men's Standings
1. Austin Vincent (Simsbury, Conn./Race Cf-Racecf.Org @Racecf) — 345
2. Peter Goguen (Hopedale, Mass./Race Cf-Racecf.Org @Racecf) — 254
3. Cooper Willsey (Hinesburg, Vt./Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com) — 250
4. David Lombardo (Crystal Lake, Ill./WCJ Racing) — 236
5. Ian McShane (Louisville, Ky./Sophisticated Living-Bob's Red Mill) — 185
For complete standings, visit the Pro CX's official webpage at usacycling.org/cnc.
The next events on the Pro CX are the Supercross Cups, Nov. 23-24, in Stony Point, NY.
The women's and men's podiums on Sunday. Photos by Casey B. Gibson.