Online registration rebate FAQ's
All 2012 USA Cycling permitted events that use USA Cycling’s Online Event Registration system could be eligible for a rebate of $.40 for each online registration net transaction. To qualify for the rebate, a USA Cycling-permitted event must:
- Rebates are calculated at $.40 per online net transaction (net of chargeback transactions and refunds)
- One transaction is defined as all entries and purchases made at one time as one credit card transaction.
- The rebate will only be earned for events with a minimum of 50 online registrations processed through USA Cycling's online registration system.
- Payable on a quarterly basis for all completed and qualified events that have turned in the following within 21 days after the last day of the event
- Permit fee and all other fees paid in full
- All post-event paperwork submitted including first report of occurrences with any related paper waivers
- Insurance surcharges paid in full
- Full event results submitted
- Requires a fully completed and signed IRS Form W-9 for race director to be received by USA Cycling no later than 21 days after the event to be eligible to earn a rebate
- Rebate program excludes all National Championship events and any event/program owned and operated by USA Cycling or USA Cycling Development Foundation
- Rebate program excludes race directors that have any outstanding (delinquent) events on record. Any outstanding (delinquent) events must be fully resolved before the online registration rebate is issued
- No other online registration system may be used for event registration
When setting up your event in the online event registration tool, race directors will be required to either agree to the terms and conditions, or opt out of the rebate program for that event. For events that are already permitted, please contact your membership services coordinator to complete the process.
The IRS W-9 form and instructions to complete it are online. The form must be completed for the race director of the event and submitted to the membership services coordinator.
The rebate is only for online net transactions. A net transaction includes all entries and purchases made at one time as one credit card transaction and is net of all chargebacks and refunds. Transactions entered into the registration system by event staff or USA Cycling staff are not included as a qualifying transaction.
All payments will be made by check on a quarterly basis for any qualifying event. Unfortunately, ACH payment is not available at this time; however USA Cycling is working to provide this in the near future.
This Article Published August 1, 2012 For more information contact: