2013 UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships Revised Schedule
Louisville, KY (February 1, 2013) – Forecast data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) project that high water levels in the Ohio River will cause Beargrass Creek to flood the low lying areas of Eva Bandman Park in Louisville, Ky, in the early hours on Sunday morning and that water level will continue to rise for the next 48 hours.
Extraordinary measures, including the construction of a temporary barrier, are ongoing to ensure that the 2013 UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships races will still be held in their entirety. The Organizing Committee and the UCI together took the decision to revise the schedule. All four races will be held on Saturday February 2, starting with Men Juniors at 9:45 a.m., Elite Women at 11 a.m., Men Under-23 at 12:30 p.m., and Elite Men at 2:30 p.m. (All times are Eastern Standard.) All Sunday tickets will be honored at the gate on Saturday which will open at 8 a.m.
For more information, please contact Bill Kellick, Director of Communications, USA Cycling, at 719.209.8210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The revised program for the 2013 UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships:
Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013
- 8:30-9:30am - Official Training
- 9:45am - 2013 UCI Men Juniors Cyclo-cross World Championships
- 11:00am - 2013 UCI Women Cyclo-cross World Championships
- 11:45am - 12:15pm - Official Training
- 12:30pm - 2013 UCI Men Under 23 Cyclo-cross World Championships
- 1:45-2:15pm - Official Training
- 2:30pm - 2013 UCI Men Elite Cyclo-cross World Championships
Followed by awards ceremonies and press conferences for all categories
* All times above are eastern time.
*Note: All live streams will be broadcast as scheduled
This Article Updated February 1, 2013 @ 01:08 PM For more information contact: