Online Registration for the UCI Masters 'Cross World Champs open
Online registration for the 2012 UCI Masters Cyclo-cross World Championships, scheduled for January 12th-15th in Louisville, KY, will open on November 2nd at 8 a.m. eastern time on BikeReg.com.
Participants can register for the following age groups: M / W 30-34; M / W 35-39; M / W 40-44; M / W 45-49;
M / W 50-54; M /W 55-59; M / W 60-64; Women 65+; Men 65-69; Men 70-74 and Men 75+. Pre-registered riders will begin being assigned their qualifying heat times (when necessary) on December 16th according to the following schedule and then on an on-going basis until on-line registration closes on January 8th, 2012. The number of heats will be determined according to the published guidelines. Registration opens with early pricing at $75 per rider through December 15th. On December 16th the entry fee moves to $100 per rider and closes on January 8th. On-site registration will be available for $125.
The Galt House Hotel is the official hotel of the Louisville World Championships. The Galt House is located at 140 N. 4th Street, Louisville, KY Please call 502/ 589-5200 and use reservation code Louisville Championships 2013 to receive the race rate. Visit www.galthouse.com for more information about the hotel.
Thursday, January 12th:
Qualifying Heats for: Men 50-54; Men 30-34; Men 40-44; and Men 45-49. Women 30-34 (IR)
Friday, January 13th:
Qualifying Heats: Men 35-39; Men 55-59; Women 30-34 (IR) 35-39; and Women 40-44;
Consolation Races: Men 50-54 and Women 30-34(IR)
Saturday, January 14th:
Championship Races: Men 45-49; Men 50-54; Men 30-34; Men 35-39; Women 30-34; and Men 40-44
Consolation Races: Men 35-39; 45-49; Men 30-34; Men 40-44 and Women 35-39(IR)
LOUISVILLE CYCLOCROSS DERBY presented by SRAM: Industry Race, run Little 500 style
Sunday, January 15th:
Championship Races: Women 55-59; Women 60-64; Women 65+; Men 60-64; Men 65-69; Men 70-74; Men 75+ ; Women 35-39; Men 35-39; 40-44; Men 55-59; Women 50-54; Women 45-49; Women 40-44
Consolation Races: Women 40-44 (IR); and Men 55-59
IR = if required
Eligibility Guidelines as follows:
- Rider must be of cyclo-cross racing age of 30 or older.
- Riders who appear in the UCI Elite cyclo-cross rankings or have earned UCI points in the 2011-2012 season are ineligible for the Masters World Championships.
- Riders who participated in the UCI Elite Cyclo-cross World Championships, Continental Cyclo-cross Championships or any UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup during the 2011-2012 season are ineligible to compete at Masters Worlds.
- Any rider who has been a member, during the 2011-2012 season, of a team registered with the UCI in any discipline is ineligible for the Masters World Championships.
- There will be no ability category restrictions in order for riders to compete.
All racers will be required to hold a 2012 International Racing license. For U.S.-based Masters age racers unaccustomed to this requirement, USA Cycling recommends beginning the application process as soon as the 2012 licenses will be available for purchase on December 1, 2011. The international license allows riders to compete in domestic road, mountain bike, cyclo-cross and track events; therefore riders will not need to purchase a separate domestic license for the 2012 season.
Qualifying and Field Limits:
The UCI Masters Cyclo-cross World Championships have a UCI-mandated field limit of 80 riders.
For fields with greater than 80 registrants the UCI Cyclo-cross Commission has determined that short heats will be installed, with a limit of 60-70 riders per heat and a maximum of eight heats, and a 'repechage'. Start order for the World Championship final will be according to the results of the heats.
Start Order / Call-Ups / Finals Qualification
- Call ups for all qualifying races will be random draw.
- For fields greater than 75 riders a three-lap heat race will be contested. The number of heats will be determined by the total number of riders registered. In the heats, riders will be called up by random order in the same method as mentioned above. The finals will be raced with 80 riders with five coming from the Repechage. The Repechage is open to all racers who did not qualify for the Finals coming out of their qualifying heat.
- For the World Championship Final, riders will be called up by their order of finish in their heats (all first riders of the different heats, all second riders of the different heats and so forth).
- A second final - or Consolation Final - will be raced to determine finishing places 81-onward.
For Sponsorship information and other queries about the races please contact:
Joan Hanscom, Event Director
About the 2012 and 2013 UCI Masters and Elite World Cyclo-cross Championships in Louisville, KY: The events will take place in Louisville's, Eva Bandman Cyclocross Park on January 12-15th, 2012 and January 29th-February 1st, 2013 and will mark the first time in the history of the sport the UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships will take place outside of Europe.The events in Louisville represent a historic first for the sport of cyclo-cross; never before in the 60+ year history of the sport have the Cyclo-cross World Championships been held outside of Europe.For more information about travel, hotels and things to do in Louisville please visit www.Louisville2013.com.
About USA Cycling
Recognized by the United States Olympic Committee and the Union Cycliste Internationale, USA Cycling is the official governing body for all disciplines of competitive cycling in the United States, including road, track, mountain bike, BMX and cyclo-cross. As a membership-based organization, USA Cycling comprises 66,500+ licensees; 2,200 clubs and teams; and 34 local associations. The national governing body sanctions 2,650 competitive and non-competitive events throughout the U.S. each year and is responsible for the identification, development, and support of American cyclists. To learn more about USA Cycling, visit www.usacycling.org.
This Article Published November 2, 2011 For more information contact: