2011 Elections nominations and voting timelines extended
USA Cycling would like to announce that the nomination and voting deadlines for the 2011 USA Cycling Elections have been extended through the month of August. Candidates interested in running for one of the 30 open positions on the seven new sport committees now have until midnight on Wednesday, August 31, to submit their nomination forms.
Due to some confusion surrounding the nomination procedure and the newly revised governance structure and election process, we have extended the nomination period and election timeline to ensure that members interested in helping shape the future of competitive cycling in America are afforded the opportunity to secure a spot on the ballot.
As a result of this extension of the nomination period, members will now be able to vote in the election beginning September 1 through their My USA Cycling account. Voting will conclude on September 15.
How to Submit Nominations
In order to nominate someone for an available position, candidates must fill out the respective nomination form and include the section on how they are qualified, per the table at the back of each nomination form. Candidates must also acquire five signatures from USA Cycling licensees. While the forms have spaces for five signatures, individuals may submit separate signature pages.
Nomination forms are due by midnight on Aug. 31 at the latest and forms must be mailed, faxed, or scanned to:
USA Cycling Technical Director
210 USA Cycling Point, Suite 100
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
Sport Committee Nomination Forms
- BMX Committee Nomination Form
- Collegiate Committee Nomination Form
- Cyclo-cross Committee Nomination Form
- Mountain Bike Committee Nomination Form
- Professional Committee Nomination Form
- Road Committee Nomination Form
- Track Committee Nomination Form
For more information on the revamped governance and election process visit USA Cycling's Governance & Election Info webpage.
- USA Cycling, Inc. Governance & Election Info - Feb 22, 2010
- USA Cycling Board approves governance changes; Elections begin - Jul 22, 2011
- Message from the CEO: 2011 USA Cycling election cycle update - May 06, 2011
This Article Published August 16, 2011 For more information contact: