2011 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Petition Process
Due to the increased restrictions on 2011 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup participation, USA Cycling is offering a petition process to all U.S. International License holders that are qualified to participate in a 2011 UCI World Cup XC or DH event.
Only riders that DO NOT have the required 20 UCI ranking points on the UCI published "Ranking Publication" date (posted at www.uci.ch) should petition for a "National Team" World Cup start spot. All other riders should register using the standard USA Cycling World Cup registration form or, if they are a member of a UCI registered Mountain Bike Trade Team, should enter via the UCI Trade Team registration procedures.
*Note — Junior cross-country racers wishing to participate in a Junior World Cup XC event should fill out the petition form according to the listed criteria in this document. Junior XCO racers that are listed as an official member of a UCI registered MTB Trade Team may enter World Cup events directly through the UCI Team World Cup entry procedures.
**Note — All junior DH racers wishing to compete in World Cup DH events will be required to compete in the Elite category as there are no separate junior events for DH at World Cups. These riders should also fill out the petition form according to the listed criteria in this document. Junior DH riders who are listed as official members of a UCI registered MTB Trade Team are not required to have 20 UCI points to register but they must register through the UCI Team World Cup entry procedures.
Petitioning riders may be selected using USA Cycling's Principles of Athlete Selection.
If selected, the following regulations apply:
- Athletes selected to the National Team must purchase a USA National Team competition uniform and wear the National Team clothing in ALL official training and racing activities at the specified World Cup competition. Failure to do so may result in disqualification and a fine levied by the UCI, which will be the responsibility of the offending rider to pay.
- Selected riders must purchase mandatory TravMed International Health Insurance for the days they will be at the race venue.
- USA Cycling will not provide financial, logistical, technical, or other support unless otherwise indicated. If the petition is approved, the athlete must then submit the required World Cup entry form to USA Cycling by the posted entry deadline for each World Cup or risk a late fee by the UCI and possible restriction from an event. Click here for registration procedures.
Deadlines for Petitions
- Note that all petitions must be received by the deadlines listed below.
- Email petition to Mountain Bike & Cyclo-cross Program Director Marc Gullickson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here for the Petition Form
|DATE||EVENTS||LOCATION||USA CYCLING REGISTRATION DEADLINE|
|April 23-24||XCO/DH/4X||Pietermaritzburg, South Africa||March 25|
|May 21-22||XCO/4X||Dalby Forest, England||April 22|
|May 28-29||XCO||Offenburg, Germany||April 29|
|June 4-5||DH/4X||Fort William, England||May 6|
|June 11-12||DH/4X||Leogang, Austria||May 13|
|July 2-3||XCO/DH/4X||Mt-Sainte-Anne, Canada||June 3|
|July 9-10||XCO/DH||Windham, USA||June 10|
|August 6-7||DH||La Bresse, France||July 8|
|August 13-14||XCO/DH/4X||Nove Besto Na Morave, Czech Republic||July 15|
|August 20-21||XCO/DH/4X||Val di Sole, Italy||July 22|
This Article Published June 2, 2011 For more information contact: