Riders selected to represent U.S. at 2013 Manchester BMX World Cup
Colorado Springs, Colo. (March 25, 2013) — USA Cycling has announced the 10 riders that will represent the organization in the first round of the 2013 UCI Supercross BMX World Cup in Manchester, England, April 19-20.
After several testing camps, the following riders have been selected as part of the funded team:
- Connor Fields (Henderson, Nev./BMX Racing Group-Chase Bicycles)
- Justin Posey (Winston Salem, N.C./Dan’s Competition)
- Jared Garcia (Victorville, Calif./Supercross Bicycles)
- Nick Koehler (Tustin, Calif./GT Bicycles)
- Jordan Miranda (Bakersfield, Calif./GT Bicycles)
- Lain Van Ogle (Auburn, Wash./Phoenix)
- Alise Post (Saint Cloud, Minn./Redline Bicycles)
- Brooke Crain (Visalia, Calif./Haro Bicycles)
- Felicia Stancil (Lake Villa, Ill./GT Bicycles)
- Arielle Martin (East Spanaway, Wash./Intense BMX)
"USA Cycling’s goal this coming season is to integrate developing riders with our elite riders so that they can learn both on and off the track what it takes to be a top contender," said Jamie Staff, USA Cycling's high performance director of sprint programs. "We will be chasing the male and female overall world cup titles, as well. We are looking forward to the new season and continuing to develop our future riders."
Other top American riders in attendance will be Nic Long (Lakeside, Calif.) and Corben Sharrah (Tucson, Ariz.), who will be representing Haro Bikes, and 2008 Olympic bronze medalist Donny Robinson (Napa, Calif.) representing SE Racing.
This Article Published March 25, 2013 For more information contact: