UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup Registration Information
CRITERIA FOR AUTOMATIC NOMINATION TO THE UCI WORLD CUP
Elite Men and Women
Eligible Participants: Valid USA Cycling International License, ranked in top 200 (men) and top 100 (women) in the last published UCI Cyclo-cross rankings and be a U.S. Citizen
Maximum Number of Starters: 8 Men; 8 Women
Automatic Nomination (in order of priority):
- Any athlete placing in the top ten (10) at last season’s Cyclo-cross World Championships
- Any U.S. athlete finishing in the top ten (10) in a UCI World Cup Cyclo-cross race in the previous 12 months
- The top five U.S. athletes on the last published UCI Cyclo-cross rankings
- The current U.S. Elite Cyclo-cross national champion
- Highest-ranked riders in top 200 (men) and top 100 (women) in the last published UCI Cyclo-cross rankings at the time of the published USA Cycling entry deadlines
**Note: No discretionary nominations for Elite Men or Elite Women
U23 and Junior Men
Eligible Participants: Valid USA Cycling International License and be a U.S. Citizen
Maximum Number of Starters: 6 U23 Men; 6 Junior Men
Automatic Nomination (in order of priority):
- Any athlete placing in the top ten (10) at last season’s Cyclo-cross World Championships in the same class
- Any U.S. athlete finishing in the top 20 in a UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup race in the previous 12 months in the same class
- The top five U.S. athletes on the last published UCI Cyclo-cross rankings, provided they are in the top 100
- The current U.S. Cyclo-cross national champion, provided they are in the same class
CRITERIA FOR DISCRETIONARY NOMINATION TO THE UCI WORLD CUP
- U23 and Junior riders who do not meet the above automatic nomination requirements must email a letter of petition along with their credit card payment info for entry and national team jersey to Marc Gullickson seven (7) days before the posted USA Cycling World Cup entry deadline. A copy of the Athlete Petition letter can be found on the Cyclo-cross World Cups page of the USA Cycling website.
- Remaining athletes will be chosen utilizing the USA Cycling Principles of Athlete Selection.
USA CYCLING CYCLO-CROSS WORLD CUP ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
- ALL requests for entry of individual U.S. athletes for World Cups must be submitted via email to Marc Gullickson at USA Cycling at firstname.lastname@example.org. The UCI will accept only the official entry forms from USA Cycling for all athletes. Do not send your forms to the UCI! This registration form can be downloaded on the Cyclo-cross World Cups page of the USA Cycling website.
- The deadline for athletes to submit their entries to USA Cycling is by 3 p.m. MT on the deadline dates which are listed in the Cyclo-cross World Cup Registration Deadline page (approximately 15 days prior to the event). Only USA Cycling's official entry form will be accepted. Make sure you specify the World Cup event and date. No other forms, letters, or emails will be accepted in lieu of the official entry form. Late entries will not be accepted. No exceptions.
- Entered riders will check in at registration for each UCI World Cup. Details on registration and event entry can be found on the UCI website. If a USA Cycling team coach/manager is attending a WCS event, 36 hours prior to the event each rider is responsible for 1) notifying the team coach/manager of his/her lodging arrangements and 2) conveying his/her license to coach/manager. Any athlete entering but failing to register at the event will be charged the full entry fee by the UCI through USA Cycling.
- If you submitted an entry form but will not be able to attend, please notify Marc Gullickson at email@example.com. It is the athlete’s responsibility to cancel with USA Cycling. When entering World Cups, only register for those races that you will definitely be attending. Each athlete will be responsible to pay any UCI fine for cancellation or no-show. Details on eligibility and event entry can be found on the UCI website. All World Cup entry forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to allow time to meet the deadline. Late entries will not be accepted.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES
The following rules are taken directly from the UCI rule book. Please refer to the UCI website for updated rules and information.
5.3.007 Any rider wishing to ride a UCI world cup event must submit a request to his national federation 15 days before the event. The federation may not refuse a request by its top three riders on the last published UCI cyclo-cross classification, unless they have failed to comply with their obligations under the regulations. In the event of a dispute on this issue, it shall be the responsibility of the National Federation to decide whether the rider will be selected. (text modified on 1.09.99; 1.10.02; 1.09.03; 1.09.04).
5.3.008 Ten days before the event the national federations must register their riders using the UCI online system. Without prejudice to article 13.1.070, the registration will not be accepted if the hotel where the riders will be staying is not specified at the time of registration. In case of late entry, the federation will receive a penalty of CHF 150 per rider. The men under 23 and juniors men license holders of the organizer’s national federation that participate in addition to the national team riders, shall be registered directly by the federation towards the organizer. (text modified on 1.09.04; 1.09.05).
5.3.009 A rider once registered for a UCI world cup event may not take part in any other cyclo-cross event in any category, on the same day as the event entered on pain of disqualification and a fine of between CHF 500 and 3000. (text modified on 1.09.99; 1.10.02; 1.09.04).
1.3.058 b) Cyclo-cross world cup — If the rider has one or more sponsors, a rectangle of height 10 cm and width 30 cm on the front and rear of the jersey shall in the first instance be reserved for their use. In this case these rectangles comprise the only advertising spaces available on these parts of the jersey. If, and only if there is no advertising for a rider's sponsors, the national federation may make use of two 64 cm logos on the front of the jersey.
Riders who belong to a trade team or club can wear the jersey of their trade team or club, as long as they notify the National Federation of this when they apply for selection. Otherwise the National Federation may require the wearing of the national jersey. The national jersey is compulsory for the U23 and Junior National teams.
1.3.057 The following advertising shall be authorized:
- front of the jersey: 2 logos of 64 cm maximum;
- area comprising shoulders and sleeves: strip of maximum 5 cm high;
- on the sides of the jersey: a 9 cm wide strip;
- sides of the shorts: a 9 cm wide strip;
- the manufacturer's label (25 cm) may appear only once on the jersey and once on each leg of the shorts.
Advertising matter on jersey and shorts may vary from one rider to another. The design of the jersey and shorts may vary from one category of rider to another. Additionally, the rider's name may appear on the back of the jersey. The above measures also apply to other items of clothing worn during competition (rain jackets, etc.).
1.3.068 National champion's jersey — National road, track, cyclo-cross, mountain bike, BMX, trials and indoor cycling champions must wear their jersey in all events in the discipline, speciality and category in which they won their title and no other event. In a six-day event, only madison national champions must wear the jersey even if they are not paired together.
(N) When he no longer holds the title of national champion, a rider must wear piping in national colors on the collar and cuffs of his jersey as per the technical specifications determined by the national federation. However, he must wear such a jersey only in events of the discipline and speciality in which he won the title and in no other event. (text modified on 1.01.99; 1.01.04; 1.01.05).
- 2013/14 UCI Cyclo-cross World Cups - Sep 03, 2013