Name: Jeremy Powers
Current Residence: Easthampton, Mass.
Hometown: Niantic, Conn.
Birthdate: June 29, 1983
Birthplace: New London, Conn.
Weight: 150 lbs.
Current Coach: Alec Donahue
Personal Website: www.JPows.com
High School: East Lyme H.S. (East Lyme, Conn.) Class of '01
Sports Played in High School: Cross-country running and baseball
College: Westfield State College
Degree(s)/Major(s): Criminal Justice & Environmental Science
Foreign Languages Spoken: Flemish
Top National Championship Results
- 1st, 2014 USA Cycling Cyclo-cross National Championships, Elite men
- 1st, 2012 USA Cycling Cyclo-cross National Championships, Elite men
- 3rd, 2010 USA Cycling Cylo-cross National Championships, Elite men
- 9th, 2014 UCI Cyclo-cross World Cup, Valkenburg, Netherlands
- 24th, 2014 UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships (Hoogerheide, Netherlands), Elite men
- 1st, 2013/14 USA Cycling Professional Cyclo-cross Calendar, Elite men’s overall ranking
- 1st, 2012/13 USA Cycling Professional Cyclo-cross Calendar, Elite men’s overall ranking
- 1st, 2011/12 USA Cycling International Cyclo-cross Calendar, Elite men’s overall ranking
- 1st, 2010/11 USA Cycling Cyclo-cross National Calendar, Elite men’s overall ranking
- 1st, 2009 USA Cycling Cyclo-cross National Calendar, Elite men’s overall ranking
- 1st, 2001 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup, Napa, Calif., Junior men (cross-country)
Favorite Race: Providence Cyclo-cross Festival (Providence, R.I.)
Favorite Place to Train: Western Massachusetts and Boulder, Colo.
Best Cycling Memory: Winning the 2012 USA Cycling Cyclo-cross National Championships
Best Advice Received From a Coach When Starting Out: Don't worry about what others are doing, only focus on what you're doing.
Motivation: The consistent self-improvement, refinement and perfection of my skills
Cycling & Personal/Career Goals: World Cup podium, World Championship podium, and if cyclo-cross is in the Olympics I'd like to part of that.
Did You Know? Jeremy is involved in the production of the Behind the Barriers show...his grandfather played baseball for the Brooklyn Dodgers
First Involvement in Cycling: Mountain biking with friends in East Lyme, Conn., starting around 11-12 years old. It was something I fell in love with immediately.
Hobbies: Music, food, travel and life
Charity Work/Community Involvement: Started JAM Fund, a 501-C3 nonprofit, with my two best friends Alec Donahue and Mukunda Feldman. Our goal is to continue to find, develop and help up-and-coming cyclists from New England reach their goals in cycling (or life!) without being constrained by money and equipment. Our biggest charity event is the Grand FUNdo. This year will be its fourth year. It's on July 19,2014 – GrandFundo.com.
- Q&A with Jeremy Powers - Jan 03, 2013
This Article Published February 1, 2014 For more information contact: