January 30, 2013 LA Call
When: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Time: 10:45 Mountain Time
To listen to recorded call:
To listen to recorded call: Dial - (605) 477-3099
Enter Access Code - 406418#, and enter # again for most recent call
Attendees: Ron Garrett (OCA), Erik Anderson (WSBA), Loch Miwa (ICA), Lew Strader (MABRA), Andrew Ross (NYSBRA), Jack McNeal (BRAO), Mark Ewers (MOBRA), Keith Creeden (FRCA), Darrell Webb (NCA), Buddy Brownstein (MOBRA), Greg Aden (SCNCA), Steve Mathias (NMBRA), Dave Fowkes (ICA), Deb Schiff (NJBA), Bill Parsons (TBRA), Jonathan Kinnick (TBRA), Diane Fortini (NEBRA), Jim Patton (MABRA), Ryan Krug (MCF), John Sammut (MBRA), Ted Fisher (NCNCA), Jeff Poulin (NYSBRA), John Patterson (GABRA), Keith Creeden (FBRA), Chris Smith (MCF), and Randy Legeai (LAMBRA).
Staff: Valecia Frasier, Andrea Spencer, Kristen Uhleman, Susan Diller, Jeffrey Hansen, Gordon Weldon, Randy Inglis, Deborah Hendrix, Jane Luke, George Heagerty, Stuart Lamp, Larry Martin, and Fred Blattspieler.
If you were present for the call, and I missed your name, please send me an e-mail so that I may add you to the list
- USADA Update – Gordon Weldon
- Currently waiting on final contracts and agreements from USADA- can’t do anything until then.
- $3k/$6k buy in will not have additional costs to RDs- turnkey solution
- Working on logo for everyone to use
- Any event is subject to testing as a permitted event- this program will just help to increase that- if there’s a test at one event, it doesn’t mean there won’t be any testing the rest of the season.
- Contract is with USA Cycling
- LA funds will go toward testing of BAR/BAT events, not non-LA events
- MVR Update – Gordon Weldon
- Switched to Lexis Nexis for background checks for MVRs, both officials and volunteers at races (LN is global leader in background checks). As secure as it gets.
- Once you’ve done a background check, it’s good through the end of the year
- Originally there was a fee of $8.80 for everyone, but we are eliminating that for volunteers- only officials will have to pay it. However, $10 processing fee for any paper MVR application for volunteers drivers.
- This will be communicated publicly next week.
- Lexis Nexis does require a SSN, but that is never seen by staff.
- If event is not in the immediate future, wait on submitting those so drivers don’t have to pay.
- Jeff Poulin: Lexis Nexis sells your email address to 3rd parties…
- Gordon: They do this if you check a box on the application that says “Please send me a free credit report.” We have instructed everyone NOT to check this box- we cannot get it removed.
- SSN is not required for officials (you can enter 000-00-0000), however that SSN is how they prevent you from doing the background check twice, so it is required for volunteers. It has also made the difference between pass/fail for at least one individual. Officials also have to enter their USAC license number.
- Collegiate Flyers Reminder – Jeffrey Hansen
- Please remember to contact the collegiate conference director and check in with them on flyers, etc, keeping the dialogue open
- Also, LA assigns officials just like any other race
- Charges for Clubs on Event Permits – Fred Blattspieler
- If LA club has Directors and Officers coverage (or has similar coverage), no need to be listed as an additional Insured on the permit
- If LA club does not have coverage, the LA needs to pay $10 to the RD have LA listed as an additional Insured
- If the sponsoring club has not renewed its membership with USAC, we will not list them as an additional insured.
- End of year documents
- 2011 Financial Statement
- 2011 IRS 990
- 2012 LA License Rebate report
- 2013 Signed LA agreement
- Open discussion
- Question about license requirement for pit crew at masters worlds- no definitive answer- contact Shawn Farrell.
This Article Updated January 25, 2014 @ 12:51 AM For more information contact: