Date of Birth: March 6, 1973
Weight: 130 lbs./59 kg./9.3 st.
Place of Birth: Lexington, Kentucky
Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky
Residence: Irvine, California
Teams: OUCH Pro Cycling, Colavita-Cooking Light, T-Mobile
Education: Villanova University
Website: dotsiebauschusa.com, www.empowercoachingsystems.com
UCI World Championship Results
- 5th place — 2012 UCI Track World Championships, Melbourne, Australia, Team Pursuit
- 2nd place — 2011 UCI World Track Championships, Apeledoorn, Netherlands, Team Pursuit
- 4th place — 2010 UCI World Track Championships, Copenhagen, Denmark, Team Pursuit
- 1st place — 2011 USA Cycling Elite Track National Championships, Carson, California, Team Pursuit
- 1st place — 2009 USA Cycling Elite Track National Championships, Carson, California, Team Pursuit
- 1st place — 2009 USA Cycling Masters Road National Championships, Louisville, Kentucky, Road Race
- 1st place — 2009 USA Cycling Masters Road National Championships, Louisville, Kentucky, Criterium
- 5th place - 2011-12 UCI Track World Cup, London, U.K., Team Pursuit
- 3rd place — 2011-12 UCI Track World Cup, Cali, Colombia, Women's Team Pursuit
- 3rd place — 2010-11 UCI Track World Cup, Manchester, Great Britain, Women's Team pursuit
- 4th place - 2009-10 UCI Track World Cup, Copenhagen, Denmark, Team Pursuit
- Previous World Record holder (with Lauren Tamayo and Sarah Hammer) - Women's Team Pursuit- set at 2010 Pan American Championships in Aguascalientes, Mexico. Time: 3:19.569
- 1st place — 2007 Tour of Geelong, Australia, prologue
Points of Interest
- Dotsie teamed up with Lauren Tamayo and Sarah Hammer to set the women's team pursuit world record (3:19.569) at the 2010 Pan Am Championships in Aguascalientes, Mexico.
- Dotsie launched her coaching business in the winter of 2002, focusing solely on new female racers.
- Dotsie hopes to one day launch AHED – Athletes Healing Eating Disorders.
PersonalA seven-time USA Cycling National Champion and a two-time Pan American Champion, Dotsie Bausch is in her 12th year as a bike racer. She spent nine years as a member of the USA Cycling's National Development Program and has competed in the biggest road races around the world for professional teams including Jazz Apple, Colavita-Sutter Home and T-Mobile.
In 2007, Bausch tried track cycling for the first time and amazingly rode on to win two national titles on the track that same year. In 2006, Bausch teamed with Sarah Hammer and Lauren Tamayo to set a world record in the team pursuit, completing the race in 3:19.56. In 2011, Bausch, Hammer and Jennie Reed won a World Championship silver medal in the 3-kilometer event they expect to ride together at the 2012 Olympic Games.
While Bausch has scored major victories on the bike, perhaps her greatest victory came from resurrecting her own life from the depths of severe eating disorders, which threatened to take her life over a decade ago after a promising modeling career in New York City. It was during her recovery that she discovered her passion for cycling. Bausch’s inspiring personal story has been chronicled in the media and she makes herself available to support women and men around the world in their battle to return to healthy eating and living habits. Additionally, Bausch serves as a mentor for young women eyeing the professional ranks for the SC Velo presented by Empower Coaching Systems development team, which she co-founded.
In 2002, Bausch launched a highly successful personal coaching business, which was originally women-specific. Through positive word-of-mouth, Bausch swiftly doubled her business and she began coaching men as well. Producing results for clients has enabled the business to grow each year. Over two years ago, she partnered with 2008 USA Olympic track cycling coach Andy Sparks to form Empower Coaching Systems. Bausch’s reputation for being a knowledgeable coach, enthusiastic motivator, and trusted resource for guidance, information and feedback is second-to-none. Her coaching philosophy stresses the importance of personalized training programs tailored specifically for the individual with a methodology that emphasizes a mind and body balance.
Outside of cycling, the Louisville, Kentucky native is a successful internet retail entrepreneur, who resides with her husband, Kirk, in Irvine, California.
- Womens team pursuit 5th at Track World Championships - Apr 05, 2012
- Womens team pursuit earns silver at Track World Championships - Mar 24, 2011
- American trio takes bronze in team pursuit at Manchester World Cup - Feb 18, 2011