Weight: 154 lbs./69.9 kg./11.0 st.
Place of Birth: Salt Lake City, Utah
Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah
Residence: Los Angeles, California
Education: Olympus High School, Salt Lake City, Utah
Olympic Experience/UCI World Championships Results
- 12th place — 2008 Olympics, Time Trial, Beijing, China
- Bronze medal — 2008 World Time Trial Championships, Varese, Italy
- 12th place — 2007 World Time Trial Championships, Stuttgart, Germany
- Silver medal — 2006 World Time Trial Championships, Salzburg, Austria
- 5th place — 2004 World Time Trial Championships, Verona, Italy
- 4th place — 2001 U23 World Time Trial Championships
- 4th place — 2000 U23 World Time Trial Championships, Greenville, South Carolina
National Championship Results
- Six-time U.S. Pro National Time Trial Champion; 2004, 2006–09, 2011
- 1st place — 2000 U23 National Time Trial Championships, Greenville, South Carolina
- 2nd place — 2012 Amgen Tour of California, Overall
- 1st place — 2012 Amgen Tour of California, Stage 5 (time trial)
- 1st place — 2011 Amgen Tour of California, Stage 6
- 1st place — 2011 Tour de Romandie, Stage 4
- 1st place — 2010 Amgen Tour of California, Stage 3
- 1st place — 2009 Tour of Missouri, Stages 5-7 and Overall
- 1st place — 2005 Tour de France Prologue
- 1st place — 2005 Giro d'Italia, Stage 8 (time trial)
- 1st place — 2004 Vuelta a España, Stage 11, San Vicente del Raspeig to Caravaca de la Cruz, Spain
- 1st place — 2001 U23 Grand Prix des Nations, France
- 2nd place — 2010 Amgen Tour of California, Overall
- 2nd place — 2009 Tour de France Stage 4 (team time trial), Montpellier, France
- 2nd place — 2009 Amgen Tour of California, Overall
- 2nd place — 2006 Amgen Tour of California, Overall
- In 2008, David created DZNUTS, a premium chamois cream for bicycle saddle comfort. The company offers apparel as well as formulas for both men and women.
- The cycling film Breaking Away inspired David to acquire his first road bike.
- David is a prolific blogger and tweeter and appears in various quirky videos on YouTube.
- A dedicated superhero fan, David is also known to his teammates for his ability to hold entire conversations using only movie lines.
David Zabriskie is one of only four Americans to wear the leader's yellow jersey at the Tour de France. In 2005, David claimed yellow after finishing ahead of Lance Armstrong in the Tour de France prologue, setting a record for the fastest Individual time trial in Tour de France history. David is one of an elite group of cyclists who have won stages in all three of the European Grand Tours—the Tour de France, the Giro d’Italia, and the Vuelta a España. He is a five-time U.S. Pro National Time Trial Champion and has won both silver and bronze medals at the World Time Trial Championships.
Like Lance Armstrong, David has struggled back from adversity to championship form. David has been hit by cars four different times. After the worst accident, in 2003, he was in a wheelchair for months. Because of these experiences, in 2007 he launched Yield to Life, a nonprofit organization that aims to raise drivers’ awareness of cyclists and enable both drivers and cyclists to share the road safely.
David and his wife, Randi, have one son and are expecting another child in summer 2010.