Name: Cooper Willsey
Current Residence: Hinesburg, Vt.
Hometown: Hinesburg, Vt.
Birthdate: April 18, 1997
Birthplace: Burlington, Vt.
Weight: 125 lbs.
Current Coach: Jake Hollenbach
Team: Cannondale p/b Cyclocrossworld.com
High School: Champlain Valley Union H.S. (Hinesburg, Vt.) Class of '15
Other Sports Played: Nordic skiing (3 years)
Top National Championship Results
- 3rd, 2013 USA Cycling Cyclo-cross National Championships, Juniors men 17-18
- 29th, 2014 UCI Cyclo-cross World Championships (Hoogerheide, Netherlands), juniors men
- 1st, 2013 Cincy3 Harbin Park, UCI Junior
- 2nd, 2013 Louisville Mudfund Derby, day 1, UCI Junior 17-18
- 1st, 2013 Louisville Mudfund Derby, day 2, UCI Junior 17-18
- 1st, 2013 Gran Prix of Gloucester, day 1, Junior 17-18
Favorite Race: Providence Cyclo-cross Festival
Favorite Place to Train: Catamount Family Center
Best Cycling Memory: Zolder World Cup holeshot & 2013 Louisville Day 2
Best Advice Received From a Coach When Starting Out: Never give up. Keep it fun.
Motivation: Not performing at my best
Cycling & Personal/Career Goals: To become a professional cyclo-cross racer and have a job within the cycling industry.
First Involvement in Cycling: Through mountain bike racing at the Catamount Family Center in Williston, Vt., when he was three years old
Did you know? Cooper considers himself addicted to cliff jumping.
Charity Work/Community Involvement: Cooper builds mountain bike trails in his community.
Hobbies: Nordic skiing, downhill skiing, building bike trails, biathlon and cliff jumping
Family: Parents are Jamie Willsey and Cynthia Ballas. Has a brother, Camden
This Article Updated February 11, 2014 @ 10:34 PM For more information contact: