Compete at 2013 Collegiate BMX Nationals!
Are you ready for collegiate BMX national championships? Scheduled for Saturday, March 2nd, in Phoenix, AZ, this second annual event will draw collegiate BMXers from across the country to ride on behalf of their colleges and universities for both individual and team titles.
Collegiate-Specific Rules and Announcements
1. Challenge Class: The collegiate class is a Challenge/20” class, which will take place Saturday, March 2 at Black Mountain BMX. Collegiate riders will practice with their respective age groups on Friday and Saturday. More information about the event is available here.
2. Qualification and Licensing: Riders will need a USA Cycling Collegiate license to enter the race. All teams must be registered as a Collegiate Club with USA Cycling using this form (the fee is waived the first year).
3. Full-time Status: All teams must bring proof of their riders’ full-time student status to registration on this form, signed by their school registrar.
4. Clubs/Registration: Pre-registration is available at www.usabmx.org under "Pre-sign." The entry fee is $60. Riders registering for the collegiate class must be sure to register as riding for their college or university as it is listed in the USA Cycling database (i.e. instead of “CU”, register under “University of Colorado-Boulder,” or instead of just "Marian," please register under "Marian University"). If registering for an additional class under a different sponsor, please provide a collegiate team roster at number pick-up on site. If a rider doesn't have a USA BMX account, s/he can call 480-961-1903 to register by phone, or register on site the day before the event.
5. Scoring: Collegiate teams may bring up to eight men and eight women. Riders will be ranked on their placing in the main event; those riders not transferring to the main event will be scored on the three rounds they completed. If two riders are tied, the first tie breaker is their finish in round 3. The next tie breaker is their finish in round 2, and lastly their finish in round 1. Team scoring then will proceed as outlined in USA Cycling rules 7I5, 7I6, and Appendix 4. Only the scores of the top three riders from each team count toward the team omnium. Points go 50 deep for individuals. More information is available in the USA Cycilng rulebook.
6. Clothing: Per USA Cycling rule 6E, all riders for a team must wear identifiably similar collegiate team jerseys, or blank jerseys with the school’s name or abbreviation prominently displayed. The school’s name, nickname, or initials must be the most prominent image on the jersey.
7. Awards Ceremony: The collegiate awards ceremony after the event will recognize the top five riders of each gender and the top five teams.
8. Additional Information: Look over the rule book, chapters 6 and 7, and the event page at usabmx.com. If you have any questions, contact Jeffrey Hansen at USA Cycling.
- Date Set for 2013 Collegiate BMX National Championship - Dec 18, 2012
This Article Published January 30, 2013 For more information contact: