2013 Bill Woodul Race Mechanics Clinic
November 13-17, 2013
U.S. Olympic Training Center
Colorado Springs, Colorado
The 2013 clinic has sold out! To be added to the wait list, please follow the registration instructions below.
Instructors are world-class race mechanics with national and international experience. Topics cover the breadth of mechanics' responsibility supporting bicycle racing
|Race Support for all Disciplines||Bicycle Design Fundamentals|
|Team Mechanic Responsibilities||Bicycle Carbon Fiber and Metal Material Fundamentals|
|Neutral Mechanic Responsibilities||Suspension Theory and Tuning|
|Interaction (Soigneur, Director)||Wheel Theory and Fundamentals|
|Wheel Change Technique||Tubular Tire Fundamentals|
|Team Inventory Procedures||DOT Compliance|
|Bike Wash and Inspection||Packing and Transportation|
|Tool, Equipment and Supply Needs||USA Cycling Opportunities|
|USA Cycling and UCI Rules|
Why Come to the Clinic?
- The clinic helps mechanics reach the next level of professional bicycle mechanic expertise.
- Licensed mechanics may support Olympic trials, national championships, USA Cycling training camps and international events.
- Licensed mechanics are covered under the USA Cycling insurance policy during their participation at sanctioned events.
- Licensed mechanics may support many corporate neutral support programs and teams.
- Licensed mechanics give your shop an advantage.
- Attending the clinic allows you to network with leaders in the race mechanic profession and with industry representatives.
- Mechanics attending the clinic join the world-wide cadre of race mechanic professionals.
Please note that while some mechanical procedures are covered, this clinic will not teach you to be a bicycle mechanic. Participants are asked to have at least two years of work experience as a bicycle mechanic.
- $500 until September 1
- $575 from September 2 to September 15
Includes: Housing, Meals, Course Materials and Mechanics License
International participants welcome — additional fees may apply
To be added to the wait list, please follow the registration instructions below.
How to sign up: Registration is a multi-part process. Please email your resume (outlining two years of bicycle-related mechanical experience) to Brent Westenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once approved, you will receive an email from USA Cycling with payment details (accepted forms of payment include Visa or MasterCard). Once payment is confirmed you will receive a welcome email with further details for planning your trip.
Classes start Wednesday evening and run through Sunday afternoon. Please plan on arriving at the Olympic Training Center by 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 13. Classes will end around noon on Sunday, Nov. 17. Transportation to and from the Colorado Springs Airport (COS) will be provided. We CANNOT provide transportation from Denver International Airport (DEN).
• For general questions please contact Brent Westenburg at email@example.com or (408) 607-9531.
• For technical and content information contact Chip Howat at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-218-3718.