2012 Bill Woodul Race Mechanics Clinic
November 28 to December 2, 2012
U.S. Olympic Training Center
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Registration is now full! Please check back in late summer 2013 for info on next year's clinic.
Instructors are World-Class Race Mechanics with National and International Experience
Topics Cover the Breadth of Mechanics' Responsibility Supporting Bicycle Racing
|Race Support for all Disciplines||Bicycle Design Fundamentals|
|Team Mechanic Responsibilities||Bicycle Material Fundamentals|
|Neutral Mechanic Responsibilities||Suspension Theory and Tuning|
|Interaction (Coach, Soigneur, Director)||Wheel Theory and Fundamentals|
|Wheel Change Technique||Tubular Tire Fundamentals|
|Team Inventory Procedures||DOT Compliance|
|Bike Wash and Inspection||Packing and Transportation|
|Tool, Equipment and Supply Needs||USA Cycling Opportunities|
Plus, USA Cycling officials will conduct an officials clinic for all participants.
Why Come to the Clinic?
- The program helps mechanics reach the next level of professional bicycle mechanic expertise.
- Licensed mechanics may support Olympic trials, national championships, USA Cycling training camps and international events.
- Licensed mechanics are covered under the USA Cycling insurance policy during their participation at sanctioned events.
- Licensed mechanics may support many corporate neutral support programs and teams.
- Licensed mechanics give your shop an advantage.
- Attending the clinic allows you to network with leaders in the race mechanic profession and with industry representatives.
- Attending the clinic allows you the opportunity to become a licensed official which is necessary to advance in the race mechanic program.
Please note that while some mechanical procedures are covered, this clinic will not teach you to be a bicycle mechanic. Participants are asked to have at least two years of work experience as a bicycle mechanic.
- $500 until September 10
- $575 from September 11 to October 15
Includes: Housing, Meals, Course Materials and Mechanics License
International participants welcome — additional fees may apply
Space is limited to 60 participants!
Classes start Wednesday evening and run through Sunday afternoon. Please plan on arriving to the OTC by 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 28. Classes will end around noon on Sunday, Dec. 2. Transportation to and from the Colorado Springs Airport (COS) will be provided. We CANNOT provide transportation from Denver International Airport (DEN).Please contact James Stanfill at email@example.com or (408) 607-9531 for full details or questions.
For technical and content information contact Chip Howat at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-218-3718