2013 Elite Mass Start Track Nationals Communique 1
2013 USA Cycling Elite Mass Start Track National Championships
Aug. 21-24, 2013
Giordana Velodrome, Rock Hill, SC
1. All events will be run according to current UCI rules and regulations, published event formats, and information in the communiqués.
2. The race jury will be comprised of the following officials:
Noreen Landis-Tyson – Chief Referee, Steve Crews – Starter and Phil Miller – Judge-Referee. Alternate members may be designated as needed from the panel of officials.
3. Registration will be open daily for one hour prior to the start of each session. Riders must register at least one day in advance for each event they wish to add. All Madison teams must have riders identified by the end of the Friday morning session.
4. Bicycle Check: All riders must present their bicycle for an equipment check before each competition/heat. Once your bike is measured, it must stay sequestered in the ready area or it will have to be re-measured. Please ensure that you present your bicycle to the equipment check area with adequate time before your start. In general, the regulations for bicycles are those of the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI).
5. Points Race Sprints will be every 10 laps. Distances will be as follows:
Men qualifying heats: 20 Km (80 laps)
Men final: 40 Km (160 laps)
Women qualifying heats:12.5 Km (50 laps)
Women final: 25 Km (100 laps)
6. The Madison sprints occur every 20 laps.
7. Timing chips must be returned to Chip Return in the tunnel immediately after a rider’s final event. Any rider who fails to return a chip will be fined $100.
8. Antidoping Testing will be conducted by USADA for this event in accordance with USADA regulations.
Schedule changes for Thursday, August 22, 2013
· No Women Scratch Race Heats
· Women Sprints directly to 1/4 Round; remaining riders will be placed in Final Classification based on 200 m time
· Men Keirin format will consist of a 1st Round of 2 Heats of 6 riders each; top three riders in each heat will go to 1-6 final; remaining will ride 7-12 final
|Thursday, August 22nd|
|10:00 -12:45||Women||Sprint 200m TT||Qualifying|
|Men||Scratch Race (10km, 40 laps)||Qualifying Heats|
|16:00 - 17:50||Warm-up|
|18:00 - 21:55||Women||Sprint||1/4 Finals (1st)|
|Women||Sprint||1/4 Finals (2nd)|
|Women||Sprint||1/4 Finals (3rd, if nec)|
|Men||Keirin||Finals (7-12 ride)|
|Men||Keirin||Finals (1-6 ride)|
|Women||Scratch Race (10km, 40 laps)||Finals|
|Men||Scratch Race (15km, 60 laps)||Finals|
|Women||Sprint||Semifinals (3rd, if nec.)|
|Women||Sprint||5th to 8th Places|
|Women||Sprint||Finals (3rd, if nec.)|
This Article Updated August 23, 2013 @ 03:17 PM For more information contact: