2012 USA Cycling Elite Omnium Track Nationals Communique 1
2012 USA Cycling Elite Omnium Track National Champinships
August 17-18, 2012
Giordana Velodrome, Rock Hill, SC
1. All events will be run according to current USA Cycling regulations, published event formats, and information in the communiqués. See USA Cycling Track Regulation 2O3: International-style omnium. National Championship jerseys and medals will only be awarded in the Elite Men and Elite Women categories.
2. Except for the flying lap, all riders must wear two numbers for all events included in the omnium championships. Numbers may not be trimmed or folded. Riders presenting themselves at the line without the proper numbers, with their numbers trimmed, or with their numbers folded may have their start refused and may be subject of a fine of up to $100. Numbers must be placed so that one hip number is on the left side positioned for the photo finish and the other numbers positioned for the spectators.
3. The distances for all races for the Masters Omnium Championships will be identical for those published for the Elite Men’s Omnium Championships.
4. Bicycles of all elite riders must be checked prior to taking the track for their event(s). Riders will be required to present their bicycle before each competition/heat. Please ensure that you present your bicycle to the equipment check area with adequate time prior to your start. Riders are reminded that the minimum permissible weight for a bicycle is 6.8 kg. The front of traditional handlebars may not extend more than 5 cm in beyond the front axle (UCI reg. 1.3.022).
5. Riders may set a flying 250m record at this event in the following categories: Elite Men, Elite Women, Masters Men in five year increments. All bicycles must meet USA Cycling standards to qualify to set a record.
6. In accordance with rule 2B8, riders will receive only one warning before being disqualified. Depending on the gravity of the fault, a rider may be disqualified without warning. A relegation also carries the weight of a warning.
7. Riders may have only one coach on the track apron during any event. In mass start events, coaches must stay off the apron and inside the grass along with all equipment.
8. All announcements for the 2012 USA Cycling International Omnium Track National Cycling Championships will be published on the USA Cycling website www.usacycling.org/events/2012/elite-omnium-nationals/.
9. There will be no qualifying points race heats for any omnium category. The 9:00 a.m. session on Friday August 17 will begin with Masters Men Non-Championship Flying Lap.
10. Starting gates will be used for the start of the kilometer/500m TT and the individual time trials. There will be a 50 second count down that will begin when the bikes on both sides are locked into the gate.
11. There will be a riders meeting 10 minutes before the start of the Elimination Race for all riders to clarify the procedure for the elimination race. All riders must attend.
12. For the flying lap, riders will start on the home straight and will see three laps to go. The final lap will be timed.
This Article Updated August 17, 2012 @ 06:52 AM For more information contact: